About Fitness to the People
I am a South-Asian immigrant, nomad, and the founder of Fitness to the People. I go by she/her.
As a nonprofit director and athlete who once taught yoga and fitness classes to my community of expats in Afghanistan, I understood the importance of helping people keep a routine in an environment you can’t control.
I created Fitness to the People as a platform to help communities thrive under extraordinary circumstances: so people could stay connected and active, while directly supporting their favorite instructors and independent studios, many of whom have adapted to the times and are hosting live streamed workouts for a fee, or by donation.
Sweat for a Cause Events
In addition to featuring fitness instructors and independent studios that have pivoted to teaching online classes, Fitness to the People also hosts #Sweatforacause events, bringing our community together to support causes and charities we care about.
Powered by volunteers alone, our community raised nearly $7,000 through charity fitness events that took place during the months of April and May 2020. No sponsorships. No fancy marketing. Just sweat (literally), determination, and hope - indicators of how powerful communities can be when we act together.
During the month of June, and for as long as it takes, 100% of proceeds from our #Sweatforacause events will be donated to causes and charities focused on social justice, civil rights, advocacy, legal and financial support in the United States.
- To raise money for causes we're passionate about. All proceeds from events hosted by F2P are donated to the charities we support.
- To continue to support our fantastic community of instructors and independent studios.
- To break a sweat, let loose, and have a kick-ass time - all while staying home!
That’s where you come in! We are looking for partners who stand against injustice, share our mission, and are interested in:
- matching event donations to amplify event impact.
- helping us promote #sweatforacause events online / on social media.
- donating gifts and giveaways to encourage people to donate to charities supported by F2P.
You can check out our upcoming events here: